Building An Earthship In Darfield, B.C.

We are a family of five living in Darfield, BC.
Our house is six hundred square feet in total and we are feeling cramped.

We have decided to build an earthship!

So starts the adventure ...

Monday, August 31, 2009

Blogger is driving me crazy!

I've been posting very few pictures lately, and have been slow to post about our kayaking trip. One one hand, the camera that Chris and I use has packed it in. On the other hand, I am having many issues manipulating photos in Blogger.

My first beef is that when I upload pictures they appear at the BEGINNING of my blog posting and I have to pull them down little by little until they are roughly near where I want them in my post. It's never exact and often my preview of the blog shows the picture in a different location than when I am editing.

My second beef is that lately when I upload pictures the upload process posts a box saying that the connection to the server has been reset and to try again when it is not busy...what???

I am often writing late at night and don't really want to wait hours to try again. If I try repeatedly right after the first error message, I can never successfully upload. So I go to bed!

One of the plusses of Blogger is that it's free. I like that a lot. We continue to streamline our expenses and I didn't really want to pay a monthly fee for blogging (frugal me!) On the other hand, my experience is quickly cheapening (oh, that deadly feeling!) and I'm beginning to weaken and start to consider more sophisticated software.

But there MUST be a way around my issues. I'm related to too many computer geeks (oops, make that geniuses!) to let this problem keep on sending me off the deep end.

On a really good note, tomorrow I begin shopping for a digital SLR camera. I bought myself a regular SLR camera when I was in university in Ottawa more than 20 years ago and I simply LOVED it. It had a breakdown that was going to cost me a few hundred dollars about 8 years ago and at that time we invested in a compact digital. The time has come to upgrade!

I've been looking at prices and have decided that Katie will love working part-time while in college or university....

Any suggestions about my blogging frustrations??

No comments: