Building An Earthship In Darfield, B.C.

We are a family of five living in Darfield, BC.
Our house is six hundred square feet in total and we are feeling cramped.

We have decided to build an earthship!

So starts the adventure ...

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Facebook

I've recently had some strange requests on my Facebook to add...well..strangers to my list.  I think it might be some of you who read this blog and then track me down.  If you've noticed that I haven't added you, I try to add only family, friends, acquaintances (or possibly the offspring of the above!) because I do beak off a bit on my wall and it would feel kinda weird to think I'm beaking off to total strangers!  Unlike many of my younger Facebook friends (i.e. nephews and nieces) I will probably never have more than 500 friends EVER...at least not people I'm comfortable enough subjecting to the blah, blah, blah of my wall posts, (in other words, make suffer through my stupid one liners, dumb jokes and really insignificant life happenings.)

I am, however, a member of Earthship BC (started by two men who worked on our house this last summer), and you are welcome to see what I write there, albeit periodically. I have turned on some privacy settings, hopefully to put a lid on the contents of my wall, but since I've never tried to access my wall from a non-friend computer...well, who knows what you might get. 

Honestly, I'm not that interesting, and my FB wall isn't either.  So please don't take it personally if I don't add you (especially if I don't recognize your name!)  If you think we DO know each other and I'm just pulling a blank, please add a message when you make your request.  If I don't add you then I probably never liked you.  (That was a joke! LOL or whatever it is people put in to indicate mirth!).

I will admit to "unfriending" a few people.  Yes, the dictionary folks added "unfriend" as an official word...can you believe it?  I unfriended a few people (including a cousin) for coarse language (hey, my kids hang over my shoulder when I "FB"!) and anybody who never uses FB at all sometimes gets axed from my list (especially if they don't have a profile picture.)  I think, however, I may have inadvertently unfriended some people who were actual friends but I've discovered that when you collect more than 60 friends it's really difficult to figure out who's unfriended themselves from my list, or who I'VE mistakenly unfriended!

Now, rumour has it that some of my FB friends are people who have worked on the earthship!  You can't come and work on my house and not be a friend!  Almost everybody who worked on the house last year is my friend!  And Facebook had nothing to do with that, except make it easier to stay connected.

Happy Facebook-ing!

No comments: