Building An Earthship In Darfield, B.C.

We are a family of five living in Darfield, BC.
Our house is six hundred square feet in total and we are feeling cramped.

We have decided to build an earthship!

So starts the adventure ...

Sunday, December 6, 2009

We're on Vacation...really!

Because our Christmas recital is less than a week away Chris and I brought our portable keyboard with us.  We took the electric piano up to Dad and Gail's for the kids.  I brought my flute along as well since Chris and I are doing a piano/flute duet at the concert (We Three Kings of Orient Are).  We are also doing a piano duet (Oh, Come All Ye Faithful).

In addition to our Christmas music, I am working toward my Royal Conservatory Grade 2 exam in June.  Here's one of the pieces I'm working on (Allegretto in C Major; Neefe).  This is Christian playing it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVN_kuKjgYw&feature=related

So, I don't know Christian at all, but I sound pretty much like him.  Oh, except that he plays the ornamentals (which are optional).  Plus he's only 6 and I'm 42.  Of course, he is playing on a grand piano and most times I pound away on a used electric piano (the E above middle C sometimes sticks which I find intriguing given that it IS electric). Oh yes, somebody thought Christian was good enough to videotape (no video exists to date of me playing the piano).  He also doesn't hit the wrong keys and it seems like he is following the dynamics....and of course, he is as cute as a button!

But other than that, my version is the same... :)

No comments: