Building An Earthship In Darfield, B.C.

We are a family of five living in Darfield, BC.
Our house is six hundred square feet in total and we are feeling cramped.

We have decided to build an earthship!

So starts the adventure ...

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Sears debacle...resolved

Today I arrived at Sears Kamloops and explained my plight to a woman named Sherry (who was very nice).  She gamely phoned the number I gave her and spoke to Eddie.  Eddie then quizzed me as to my birthday, address and phone number.  When he was satisfied that I was the person who could pay my account (I'm wondering why they wouldn't just let anybody pay it, if they were confused enough to do so!) he told me that Sherry could take my payment.

And we said goodbye.

Then Sherry and I looked at each other and asked at the same time, "How much do I (you) pay?"  Arrghhh.  Apparently she still couldn't tell me how much was owing; Eddie was supposed to tell me.  After a fit of giggles, Sherry's supervisor showed up and suggested she simply call head office and ask for my balance (she said not to say anything about my saga).

After much time on hold with me resigned to being a resident of the Sears store, Sherry straightened up and motioned to me.  Then she gave me the total, which I wrote down.  Then paid.

I was a bit incredulous that this is what it might have taken all along but after telling Chris my story, he suggested that perhaps while Sherry was on hold, Eddie was "unlocking" my account so that Sears could access it.  This made a lot of sense as I was told that only the collection agency could access it.

So thanks to Lauren, Eddie and Sherry my life in debt is over (I hope).  I've made a note to check Equifax in a few months to make sure my credit rating is spanky again.

No comments: